[TIP] pytest-2.0.2: bug fixes, improved xfail/skip expressions, speedups
holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Mar 9 05:03:42 PST 2011
Welcome to pytest-2.0.2, a maintenance and bug fix release.
py.test is a mature testing tool for Python, supporting CPython 2.4-3.2,
Jython and latest PyPy interpreters. See the extensive docs with tested
If you want to install or upgrade pytest, just type one of::
pip install -U pytest # or
easy_install -U pytest
Many thanks to all issue reporters and people asking questions
or complaining, particularly Jurko for his insistence,
Laura, Victor and Brianna for helping with improving
and Ronny for his general advise.
Changes between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2
- tackle issue32 - speed up test runs of very quick test functions
by reducing the relative overhead
- fix issue30 - extended xfail/skipif handling and improved reporting.
If you have a syntax error in your skip/xfail
expressions you now get nice error reports.
Also you can now access module globals from xfail/skipif
expressions so that this for example works now::
@pytest.mark.skipif("mymodule.__version__ == "1")
This will not run the test function if the module's version string
does not start with a "1". Note that specifying a string instead
of a boolean expressions allows py.test to report meaningful information
when summarizing a test run as to what conditions lead to skipping
(or xfail-ing) tests.
- fix issue28 - setup_method and pytest_generate_tests work together
The setup_method fixture method now gets called also for
test function invocations generated from the pytest_generate_tests
- fix issue27 - collectonly and keyword-selection (-k) now work together
Also, if you do "py.test --collectonly -q" you now get a flat list
of test ids that you can use to paste to the py.test commandline
in order to execute a particular test.
- fix issue25 avoid reported problems with --pdb and python3.2/encodings output
- fix issue23 - tmpdir argument now works on Python3.2 and WindowsXP
Starting with Python3.2 os.symlink may be supported. By requiring
a newer py lib version the py.path.local() implementation acknowledges
- fixed typos in the docs (thanks Victor Garcia, Brianna Laugher) and particular
thanks to Laura Creighton who also revieved parts of the documentation.
- fix slighly wrong output of verbose progress reporting for classes
- more precise (avoiding of) deprecation warnings for node.Class|Function accesses
- avoid std unittest assertion helper code in tracebacks (thanks Ronny)
More information about the testing-in-python