[TIP] Using tox with gmpy

Aaron S. Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:46:51 PDT 2011

Hi.  I'm kind of new to tox.  Sorry if this has been discussed before.  As far as I can tell, mailman doesn't have a search feature.

I'm trying to use it to test with the dependency gmpy 1.14, but if I add "deps=gmpy" it tries installing gmpy2, which fails.  I understood from http://tox.testrun.org/en/latest/config.html#confval-deps=MULTI-LINE-LIST that it uses easy_install/pip (it's not really clear here which) to install these, but I checked and I get

$pip search gmpy
gmpy                      - MPIR/GMP interface to Python 2.4+ and 3.x
  INSTALLED: 1.14
  LATEST:    1.11rc1

$sudo easy_install --dry-run gmpy
Password:
Searching for gmpy
Best match: gmpy 1.14
Adding gmpy 1.14 to easy-install.pth file

Using /sw/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Processing dependencies for gmpy
Finished processing dependencies for gmpy

So why would it try using gmpy2?  And more importantly, how do I make it use gmpy 1.14?  I can attach my tox logs if that would help.

Aaron Meurer