[TIP] [newbie] run nose tests contained in the current emacs buffer

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Fri Jul 29 11:25:09 PDT 2011

Tom Roche Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM
>> nosetests -v   -w nil -c nilsetup.cfg /home/me/code/python/nose/test_me.py

jason pellerin Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:09 AM
> The '-w nil' is the problem -- nose.el is unable to find your
> project's root directory.

Correct. Note this used an untouched nose.el OOTB from bitbucket.

That fails for me; details @
https://bitbucket.org/jpellerin/nosemacs/issue/2/adding-py-to-nose-project-root-files-fails

> or change the way it tests for rootness of a directory by setting
> nose-project-root-test.

Didn't try that.

> Or just touch setup.py in your project root.

That works.

fwiw, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>