[TIP] [newbie] run nose tests contained in the current emacs buffer

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 06:09:36 PDT 2011

>> nosetests -v   -w nil -c nilsetup.cfg /home/me/code/python/nose/test_me.py

The '-w nil' is the problem -- nose.el is unable to find your
project's root directory. By default it looks for the root directory
by backing up from the file it is given, looking for any of
'setup.py', '.hg' or '.git'. You can modify the files it looks for by
modifying nose-project-root-files, or change the way it tests for
rootness of a directory by setting nose-project-root-test. Or just
touch setup.py in your project root. ;)

JP