[TIP] Nose/Unittest

Herman Sheremetyev herman at swebpage.com
Fri Jul 22 08:36:05 PDT 2011

Both unittest and nose are test runners. Unittest is part of Python's
standard library and is pretty bare-bones. Nose is a third party
library that extends unittest to make running tests easier and move
convenient -- no need to have all your tests in a unittest.TestClass
for example, and there are lots of useful plugins for coverage and
profiling, etc. Anything supported by unittest should automatically be
supported by nose since nose has a superset of features, but I don't
know if I'd call them complimentary exactly..

HTH,

-Herman