[TIP] Custom execution of nose tests

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:32:33 PDT 2011

That's a fun one. Do you want to wait for cpython to execute each
test, or send a bunch of tests over to process/process pool and
collect the results later?

The wait case is not so hard -- you can write a plugin that implements
prepareTestCase* to wrap the test in the cpythonizing machinery, run
it, and report the result.

The queue and collect case is sort of a special case of
multiprocessing which requires writing a new test runner and is
harder. But basically you write whatever test runner you want and use
the prepareTestRunner** plugin hook to inject it.

Also we really need to add pypy to our tox config, Kumar. ;)

JP

*  http://packages.python.org/nose/plugins/interface.html#nose.plugins.base.IPluginInterface.prepareTestCase

**
http://packages.python.org/nose/plugins/interface.html#nose.plugins.base.IPluginInterface.prepareTestRunner