[TIP] [ANN] pytest.vim (py.test and vim integration)

Gary Bernhardt gary.bernhardt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:29:35 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Alfredo Deza <alfredodeza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rein Henrichs (reinh)'s plugin uses :compiler to run the
>> tests, making it language agnostic, although I've found it a bit
>> finicky. I'd like to see plugins like this one (and the Ruby/Rails
>> ones) turn into submissions to his plugin, rather than having all of
>> these competing projects.
>
> Mnnn I don't see *competition* per se here. Although the concept of
> green/red bar is inherited from your .vimrc I see this (pytest.vim)
> way to specific
> to py.test (and Python) to consider a merge or submitting code.
>
> However, I'm not closing the possibility to keep considering it. I
> will get in touch with
> them and will try to see if it makes sense a merge or code submission
> at some point.

You should definitely look at reinh's vim-makegreen. It's totally
agnostic and has nothing to do with Ruby. It will work out of the box
with any of the 40ish compiler settings provided by Vim, including
Python/pyunit, Ruby/rubyunit/rspec, PHP, Perl, ... All you need is to
define a compiler file, which is pretty easy.

--
Gary
http://blog.extracheese.org