[TIP] Testing from sandbox in the presence of installed versions

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Jan 22 13:36:54 PST 2011

    holger> Ok, the log shows nosetests coming from your global environment
    holger> and thus all subsequent invocations/import look ups happen
    holger> there, i guess.  You need to make sure nosetests is actually
    holger> installed in the virtual environment, like this:

    holger>     [testenv]
    holger>     deps=nose
    holger>     commands=nosetests

This helps a lot.  Tests still fail, but the tracebacks are confined to my
sandbox and .tox directory.

    holger> Can you retry and send the log?

Unless you really want to sign on as a SpamBayes developer, that probably
won't be necessary.  <wink> I'm sure I'll be back if I encounter more test
environment problems though.

Thx,

Skip