[TIP] PyCon 2011 TiP Open Space

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 04:56:11 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Terry Peppers <peppers at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... invited to give a talk.
>
> It's really been a volunteer kind of approach to the talks. And aside
> from some of the new ClePy guys who presented, almost everyone who was
> ridiculed by Titus presented @ TiP Chicago 2009. Perhaps, we need a
> waiver from speakers since I personally do like the raucousness that
> it adds. But I clearly understand people wanting to here what's being
> said.
>
> ... but I like the rowdy atmosphere.
>
> - t.

I second that - the open spaces should be *fun* - the main conference
is serious business through and through - sure, we could lighten it a
bit, but really the atmosphere at the last two has made *me* actually
feel like a part of the community, and a community of people who like
to have fun, and learn.

Also, seeing Gary yell bullshit is pretty much mandatory for all future pycons.