[TIP] PyCon 2011 TiP Open Space

Mark Sienkiewicz sienkiew at stsci.edu
Wed Jan 19 12:39:10 PST 2011

Terry Peppers wrote:

> I think it
> would be dumb to assume that we'll have as crazy turnout as we had in
> 2010, but then again word gets around and really who doesn't like
> seeing Titus mock every presenter?

I don't.  I found that it interfered with the presentations (sometimes to the point that I couldn't hear the presenter speaking) but added no real value.  Maybe this is the norm that the community wants, but in my culture it is rude to ridicule people who have been invited to give a talk.

It could be that I am the only one who noticed or cared, but since the sentence quoted above sounds approving, I thought I should mention it.  Maybe others have the same view as I do but think they are the only one.

Mark S.