[TIP] test parallelization

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jan 11 07:49:43 PST 2011

On 11/01/2011 15:45, Matt McClure wrote:
> Does Python's unittest2 provide parallel test execution?

No.

> If not, will it? When?

The goal is for the plugins branch to provide this functionality out of
the box. My immediate priority is merging the (extensive) changes to
unittest in Python 3.2 back to unittest2. After that the plugins branch
becomes my highest priority again.

> If it won't, what are the best current Python test parallelization
> solutions? What direction is the community heading?
py.test definitely provides this. I'm not sure about nose. It may be
possible to do it with unittest(2) using testtools or another library.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/