[TIP] ANN: Fudge 1.0 - YAMF (yet another mock framework)

Gary Bernhardt gary.bernhardt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:06:21 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Kumar McMillan
<kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be honest, I'm not a huge of fan of Martin Fowler's "strongly
> typed" definition of test doubles.  It's like all that stuff was
> thought up by a Java user or something :)

The main thing I care about is the distinction between a stub and a
mock. Stubs just return stuff; mocks return stuff and demand specific
calling patterns. It's an important distinction because mocks cause
tighter constraints and lead to more fragility, although they're also
necessary.

The distinction between spies (like Dingus and Mock) and true mocks
(like Fudge) doesn't much concern me. :) And I refuse to acknowledge
fakes because they're evil. ;)

--
Gary
http://blog.extracheese.org