[TIP] Getting py.test to output xcoverage/cobertura format data (and play nice with Hudson)

Chris Rose offline at offby1.net
Wed Feb 16 09:14:53 PST 2011

I'd like to try out py.test; I've found that it's nicer output-wise than nose in a lot of respects. However, we have a significant in-house investment in Hudson/Jenkins automated testing that currently depends on nose + xcoverage + xunit output to tie into the Hudson xUnit/Cobertura plugin support for tracking test coverage and successes.

Is there a clear process for tying these things together? I see the --junitxml output flag, so that's part of the issue solved, but it doesn't handle coverage.

--
Chris
Not to be taken literally, internally, or seriously.