[TIP] [tox] multiple overlapping axis with Jenkins

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 14:51:57 PST 2011

Hi All,

Something that tox doesn't support but which I really want is the
ability to mix together multiple axis when doing a multi-configuration
job in Jenkins.

So, the axis I generally want are:

- python version
- operating system
- optional extra libraries

Tox can handle the first two, but, say where I have a library that
supports multiple database backends, I want to do:

TOXENV1=py25 py26 py27
TOXENV2=mysql postgres oracle

I want Jenkins to do the grid of the above, not to have to manually come
up with TOXENV values of py25_mysql, py25_postgres, py25_oracle, etc.

Any plans to support this?

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk