[TIP] Anyone still using Python 2.5?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 10:24:13 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:15 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What's the general consensus on supporting Python 2.5 nowadays?

If you compile mod_wsgi with Apache you are stuck on the version of Python
you compiled with. I had an old server stuck on Python 2.5 for this reason
but I finally got a new box where I will be stuck on Python 2.7 for a
while. There's probably a better way with gunicorn or something but Apache
is pretty sweet when you configure it right.

btw, tox is great for developing a project that supports multiple Pythons:
http://tox.testrun.org/latest/