[TIP] Anyone still using Python 2.5?

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Dec 21 12:59:15 PST 2011

On Dec 21, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> What's the general consensus on supporting Python 2.5 nowadays?
>
> Do people still have to use this in commercial environments or is everyone on 2.6+ nowadays?

I released a package a few months ago which was 2.6+ . One of the first people to try it out reported that it didn't work on his 2.5 installation.

I've decided to support Python 2.5 for at least the next year. In my case that's only a few "from __future__ with" statements and an unfortunate problem that a gzip file-like object doesn't have a "name" attribute.

Cheers,

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com