[TIP] Mock 0.8.0b4: easy_install and pip treat differently...

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Dec 21 04:14:42 PST 2011

On 21/12/2011 07:06, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 21/12/2011 02:30, Michael Foord wrote:
>>
>>> Most of my users are using pip.
>
> You sure about that? ;-) I'd suggest a good few are using easy_install
> or easy_install-based software such as buildout, but have been happily
> using 0.8.x for ages and so haven't piped up.

Heh, the only users I *know* are using easy_install have both said
they're using features from the 0.8 beta and are happy easy_install gets
the dev version. You're the only one I've heard of using *both* pip and
easy_install. Doubtless there are lots of people using easy_install, I
just haven't heard from them (and many probably aren't aware they're now
using 0.8 - which hopefully indicates I got the backwards compatibility
right).

All the best,

Michael

--