[TIP] Anyone still using Python 2.5?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 23:15:46 PST 2011

Hi All,

What's the general consensus on supporting Python 2.5 nowadays?

Do people still have to use this in commercial environments or is
everyone on 2.6+ nowadays?

I'm finally getting some continuous integration set up for my packages
and it's highlighting some 2.5 compatibility issues. I'm wondering
whether to fix those (lots of ugly "from __future__ import
with_statement" everywhere) or just to drop Python 2.5 support.

What do people feel?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk