[TIP] tox vs buildout

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Dec 14 03:05:13 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 07:13 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 13/12/2011 10:17, holger krekel wrote:
> >No customization of sdist-packaging is possible at the moment.
> >Another feature issue which i'd think makes sense to implement.
>
> Hmm, maybe easier: I already have the buildout-based stuff to churn
> out an sdist, is there any way I can just feed that into tox, rather
> than having tox build the sdist for me?

There is an undocumented option of specifying sdistsrc=PATH
in the [tox] section.  That might help.  You might even try to specify
a wildcard pattern in which case tox should pick up the most recent
version according to PEP386's verlib.

I also thought about adding a command line option (for different purposes
than yours) - if you are interested please continue to feel invited to
open tickets :)
holger