[TIP] tox vs buildout

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 00:10:28 PST 2011

Hi All,

I do all my development with buildout, but I'd like to start using Tox.
The first package I'm trying to move in Testfixtures, the work I've done
so far is on a branch here:

https://github.com/Simplistix/testfixtures/tree/tox

Currently, when I run, I get:

$ bin/tox
____________________________________________________________ [tox sdist]
[TOX] ***creating sdist package
[TOX] /Users/chris/LocalGIT/testfixtures$ /usr/local/bin/python2.6
setup.py sdist --formats=zip --dist-dir .tox/dist >.tox/log/0.log
[TOX] ERROR: invocation failed, logfile:
/Users/chris/LocalGIT/testfixtures/.tox/log/0.log
[TOX] ERROR: /Users/chris/LocalGIT/testfixtures$
/usr/local/bin/python2.6 setup.py sdist --formats=zip --dist-dir
.tox/dist >.tox/log/0.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 5, in <module>
     from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ImportError: No module named setuptools

[TOX] ERROR: FAIL could not package project

How can I get Tox to use /Users/chris/LocalGIT/testfixtures/bin/docpy
instead of /usr/local/bin/python2.6 to do the packaging?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk