[TIP] pytest, making a standalone script with extensions

Ronny Pfannschmidt Ronny.Pfannschmidt at gmx.de
Sat Dec 3 12:05:34 PST 2011

Hi francis,

currently we don't have support for bundling
py.tests + 3rd party plugins

the main issue is, that start-up would need to pass in the plugins somehow

i think a reasonable solution could be to use some extra metadata from
distutils, but that breaks things like xdist + coverage for example

however that needs implementation and testing

a much more nice solution could be storing a pip requirements file for
the tests

then you can just list + version pin all required things, and preparing
a testrun is not much harder than running pip install

-- Ronny