[TIP] PythonTestingToolsTaxonomy: link to Selenium bindings for Python

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:19:51 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
>> I don't want things that appear to be unmaintained to be deleted.
>> I'm pretty hostile to the notion that somehting needs to have
>> active development in order to be useful, and I think that is
>> what you would be detecting.  Some things may not have changed
>> since 2004 because nothing needed changing since 2004 -- plugins
>> in particular.
>
> +1 : I was about to say, the benefit of writing small focused things
> is that they rarely have to change.

Well OK, that can of course be true. But it can also be the case that
someone started a project and then got bored before it was finished,
which may be more common...

I think you can get an insight into this by the nature of the tool.
Plugins can be "small and focussed". GUI test tools tend not to be,
especially as the libraries they support themselves change over time.

I'd suggest we can do this on a case by case basis. Create a separate
reference page for stuff that appears unmaintained but still may have
some value. I (and others) can then post edit suggestions here along
the lines of :

Kiwi - delete
pyWinAuto - unmaintained

and wait a few days for anyone to object.

/Geoff