[TIP] detecting when a changeset is not well tested

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:40:03 PDT 2011

Tarek Ziadé wrote:

> So, I can build this in a script or... ask here if something exists already :)
>
> I am looking for a script that can:
>
> 1/ keep a history of the test coverage for every module of my project
> 2/ on a commit, detect when the coverage for a module lowers
> 3/ send a warning and point the part that's not covered

Speaking as a TDD zealot, your question is the equivalent of "We are
not doing TDD, so how can I work extra hard to get just one of the
many benefits that TDD provides as a by-product of extraordinarily
rapid & safe development?"

Use TDD, and you have saturation coverage automatically.

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand