[TIP] detecting when a changeset is not well tested

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:19:45 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Pere Martir <pere.martir4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1/ keep a history of the test coverage for every module of my project
>> 2/ on a commit, detect when the coverage for a module lowers
>> 3/ send a warning and point the part that's not covered
>
> This is probably the functionality of a CI server than a test framework ?

I agree on the CI part, but disagree on the server part because this
feature can be useful outside Jenkins,

As a developer I'd want to hook this recording to my test runner, and
see the trend.
And maybe issue a warning on a 'hg commit' or 'hg qrefresh' before my
things are pushed to a wider audience,

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org