[TIP] PythonTestingToolsTaxonomy: link to Selenium bindings for Python

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:01:01 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just spent a few moments adding my stuff to this and browsing it a bit.

My impression is that there is far too much stuff on it for it to be
really useful. I just browsed through the GUI testing section (a
subject close to my heart...), and clicked on all the links. One of
them simply links to some Python source with no further information
("winGuiAuto"). Another links to something that isn't obviously a test
tool at all ("Kiwi"). Several others link to projects that haven't
been touched since 2004, 2005 or so.

Basically only about half of the links are actually useful. I don't
know if the other sections are similar but would guess so.

I'm happy to spend some time cleaning this up, but I thought we should
discuss how this should be done. For example, what should happen to
stuff that appears to be unmaintained? A separate section at the
bottom somewhere, or just delete it? And do we really want links that
are just source code and nothing more?

Regards,
Geoff