[TIP] detecting when a changeset is not well tested

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:15:14 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> So, I can build this in a script or... ask here if something exists already :)
>
> I am looking for a script that can:
>
> 1/ keep a history of the test coverage for every module of my project
> 2/ on a commit, detect when the coverage for a module lowers
> 3/ send a warning and point the part that's not covered
>
> I guess that could be a script on the top of "coverage", but maybe
> someone has done this already ?

There was a recent announcement on the Nose list about this plugin
that records test results to a database (I think there are others that
do this too) http://hg.indydevs.org/nosedbreport  I don't see any
mention of recording coverage results but this might be a good
starting point if you're using Nose.

fwiw, Jenkins allows you to graph results like coverage (if you use
the cobertura output) and there might already be a way to generate
alerts based on reduced coverage.

Kumar