[TIP] coverage.py input file

Matt Harrison matthewharrison at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:28:32 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Alfredo Deza <alfredodeza at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was trying to look for an option in `coverage.py` that would accept a
> `.coverage` file as an input.

> Probably something that makes coverage.py crawl back up in directories
> until it finds a `.coverage` file
> (a la git/hg) would make even more sense than an input file flag.
>
> My reasoning for this is because a lot of times I find myself several
> directories deep into a project that has
> run coverage before but I can't get the proper report since there is no
> `.coverage` in the current directory.
>
> Has anyone experienced something like this before? What are your
> workarounds (if any) ?

Hey Alfredo-

I have coverage integration for that other editor that has some of the
features you might like (in python) [0]

Feel free to borrow any code you want (I believe it's currently GPL'd (since
I started the .el file from another GPL'd .el file, but I could re-license
the python code)).

cheers,
-matt

0 - https://github.com/mattharrison/pycoverage.el