[TIP] coverage.py input file

Alfredo Deza alfredodeza at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:18:46 PDT 2011

I was trying to look for an option in `coverage.py` that would accept a
`.coverage` file as an input.

Usually `.coverage` is placed from wherever the command was run.

Is there such an option and I am just failing to find it? Or is this
something that could be accepted as
a feature request?

Probably something that makes coverage.py crawl back up in directories until
it finds a `.coverage` file
(a la git/hg) would make even more sense than an input file flag.

My reasoning for this is because a lot of times I find myself several
directories deep into a project that has
run coverage before but I can't get the proper report since there is no
`.coverage` in the current directory.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? What are your workarounds
(if any) ?

Thanks!

-Alfredo