[TIP] Announce: Automated Testing on Macintosh (PyATOM) 0.9 released

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Apr 30 17:46:35 PDT 2011

James Tatum <jtatum at gmail.com> writes:

> The PyATOM team is proud to announce the initial release of PyATOM.
>
> About PyATOM:
>
> Short for Automated Testing on Macintosh

Oof. I strongly recommend a rename: Atom is already well established in
programming as the name of a standard syndication and publishing format
<URL:https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Atom_%28standard%29>.

The name “PyATOM” connotes “an Atom library for Python”, which this
is not.

--
 \     “When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. |
  `\    Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole |