[TIP] coverage.py with Py2 and Py3

Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis arfrever.fta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 10:34:34 PDT 2011

2011-04-09 16:39:40 Sean Robinson napisał(a):
>   How can I install coverage.py for use in both Py2 and Py3?  I
> installed coverage.py for Py2, but it looks like installing it in Py3,
> also, will overwrite the script launcher to use Py3.  Is there a way
> to use coverage.py in both, serially?

In Gentoo, we are automatically renaming target scripts to e.g. /usr/bin/coverage-2.7 and
/usr/bin/coverage-3.2 and generating a wrapper script /usr/bin/coverage, which executes
a target script for active version of Python (/usr/bin/python). Users can directly call
coverage-2.7 or coverage-3.2 without changing active version of Python.

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis