[TIP] Python GUI testing

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:29:08 PDT 2011

Hi Nicolas,

Sikuli is very cool, it's pretty amazing it works at all doing that
image-processing stuff...

But having said that, we looked at it last year and ruled out using it
fairly quickly. For the main reasons that
- the graphical aspect makes it very tied to particular environments,
so you can't change theme or window manager, and our UI needs to work
in multiple environments.
- it didn't handle invisible regions, i.e. anything requiring
scrolling or tabbing didn't work.
- it didn't support 64 bit
- the bug list contained some alarming stuff that made it look like it
was still at a somewhat experimental stage.

But things move quickly, and maybe some or all of the above is no
longer true. Do you know? I did a quick search around the docs but it
didn't throw up anything.

Regards,
Geoff