[TIP] nose2: the begging continues

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:26:40 PDT 2010

Good question! :)

You'll need the plugins branch of unittest2 from
http://hg.python.org/unittest2. With that and nose2 installed (in a
virtualenv is fine) then you can run nose2's tests by running 'nose2'
(w/o quotes) from the command line.

To restrict to unit tests, run nose2 -A tags=unit. To restrict to
functional tests, run nose2 -A tags=functional. (There is currently
only one functional test and it fails.) Tests are in the nose2/tests
package and should be self-explanatory, I hope.

To play around with test runs, try running nose2 in support/layout1
and support/layout2.

As of this moment nose2 requires python 2.6, but I'm about to merge a
fork that makes it compatible with 2.4-2.6. I haven't tested yet with
2.7, and python3 support is not in yet (issue 16 in the tracker).

JP