[TIP] [ANN] pygora 0.0.3

Alfredo Deza alfredodeza at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:06:47 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have released a new version of Pygora, a small command line tool that
reports the ratio of your source vs your test code.

Reports look like this:

Test lines    =      92627

Source lines =     411414

Total lines =     504041

> Your test code is 22.51% of your source code

A few improvements over the last version, but most importantly, it is now
twice as fast.

In a directory with +50,000 lines of code, pygora was able to report this
under a second consistently. Granted, it depends on the
type of hard drive/machine you may have but this is really fast regardless.

Previous versions of pygora would take the current working directory, but
now you can supply a path (no idea why I didn't had this before)

To install it, just do:

pip install pygora

Documentation (although this is quite simple) can be found at
http://code.google.com/p/pygora

And finally, yes, pygora is a type of goat (see: http://www.pygoragoats.org/
).

Thanks!