[TIP] Testify

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Sat Oct 30 05:10:08 PDT 2010

Wow, everyone is being really hard on Rhett!  Rhett, welcome to the
list, we don't always jump down the throats of people excited to share
something with us.

Sure, it would be great if there was One True testing system, and yes,
it seems like much of what Rhett built was available somewhere in the
Python testing world.  Maybe that means we need to do a better job
promoting and explaining what we've got to offer.  Reimplementing things
seems to be endemic to the Python world, so let's not dump all over
Rhett for doing it.  Maybe his take on things is a good one that we can
learn from.

And some of us have been guilty ourselves of implementing from scratch
instead of adding to an existing project (*cough* figleaf *cough*), so
how about we give Rhett a break and find out what he's got.  I agree
with Mark: when a company with bottom-line business to worry about takes
the time to open-source their code, it's a good thing.

--Ned.