[TIP] Testify

Andrew Bennetts andrew at bemusement.org
Fri Oct 29 17:44:21 PDT 2010

Rhett Garber wrote:
[...]
> I hear you. It's fairly easy to transition from unittest to testify,
> but that's not the same thing as compatibility. However, I think it's
> pretty rare for a project to switch test frameworks or migrate tests
> between projects, so compatibility between frameworks doesn't seem
> that interesting.

If you are writing code that may possibly be used as a library or
framework by another project, then compatibility absolutely matters.

If you are incompatible you either force people to use your test
framework whether it suits them or not, or you force them to rewrite all
the test helpers you've already written.  Or they have to maintain
custom hacks to get some semblance of compatibility... you get the idea.

-Andrew.