[TIP] Green and Red bars

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Oct 21 14:44:55 PDT 2010

  On 21/10/2010 21:44, Mark Roddy wrote:
> [snip...]
> If anyone's interested, I did a small proof of concept on converting
> the gui to use test discovery instead of a user specified callable and
> posted it to bitbucket.  I'll look into how bad the Python 3
> conversion would be, though I think it might make more sense to iron
> out what changes need to be made to better support discover before
> doing a fork to support 3.x (if necessary).
>
> https://bitbucket.org/markroddy/unittestgui

That's actually *really* nice. :-)

Feature requests (all of which are easy individually except the last
one...):

* Fix the width of the window so it doesn't jitter around when
displaying different length test names at the bottom
* Support for *showing* numbers of skipped and expected failure tests
* When test discovery starts perhaps print a message to the window
showing the directory discovery was started in
* Help and about are wrong and can probably just go...
* An 'advanced' panel that lets you parameterise the discovery (change
the glob pattern for finding tests for example)

:-)

All the best,

Michael Foord

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.