[TIP] Green and Red bars

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Oct 9 14:46:40 PDT 2010

Natalia Bidart <nataliabidart at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm finding some problems on actually getting a *green* or *red* bar
> using the unittest runner.

Right. The standard ‘unittest’ library includes only a basic reporter
and defines a loose interface for making new ones, leaving it up to
others to implement fancier reporters.

> But since I'm giving this talk to potential newbies on testing, I
> would like to stick to showing/using only unittest (and unittest2),
> and to not depend on trial (though I will mention/recommend it at the
> end).

You won't be able to get a colour report from ‘unittest’ without some
extras.

A quick search of PyPI gives some possibilities
<URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=search&term=red%20green%20unittest&submit=search>.

--
 \     “Oh, I realize it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at |
  `\      me: I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme |