[TIP] Best practices to maintain packages in CI environment

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Oct 8 08:57:17 PDT 2010

  On 08/10/2010 15:50, Alex wrote:
> Our continous integration server (Hudson) controls several slave
> machines (VM), each of which runs Python. Whenever a new package is
> needed, I have to manually install the package in each slave and it's
> very convenient since now I have 20 of them. I've thought of using
> 'virtualenv' but it dramatically increases the build time when the
> number of pacakge is large. What are the best approaches to deploy and
> maintain these pacakges (version) in a build/testing farm ?
Well, the virtualenv only needs to be recreated if the dependencies
change. tox (for example) takes this approach.

All the best,

Michael

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.