[TIP] Best practices to maintain packages in CI environment

Alex alex.pubblico.profilo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 07:50:54 PDT 2010

Our continous integration server (Hudson) controls several slave
machines (VM), each of which runs Python. Whenever a new package is
needed, I have to manually install the package in each slave and it's
very convenient since now I have 20 of them. I've thought of using
'virtualenv' but it dramatically increases the build time when the
number of pacakge is large. What are the best approaches to deploy and
maintain these pacakges (version) in a build/testing farm ?