[TIP] Branch report and subprocess coverage using Ned's coverage.py in Hudson matrix build job

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 06:13:15 PDT 2010

Cc to TiP , JFTR

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/2010 10:18 AM, Olemis Lang wrote:

[...]
>> About subprocesses:
>>
>> - Is it probable that sitecustomize.py trick does
>>   not work with virtualenv ?
>> - How could I check if sitecustomize.py really
>>   installed coverage.py trace machinery
>
> Come to think of it, I've never used sitecustomize.py with a virtualenv.  I
> *have* used a .pth file with virtualenv, and it works to collect parallel
> data files.  Can you try that technique?

Ok, I finally (think?) I discovered what happened with subprocesses .
The fact seems to be
that `sitecustomize.py` doesn't work with virtualenvs (at least under
certain conditions
...) . I used `pth` files and now I have more than 20 coverage data
files (which is great
;o)

Random thoughts :

  - Document in `coverage.py` docs that `sitecustomize.py` might not work with
    virtualenvs.
  - Investigate why this is happening .
  - Probably research whether this is a more general issue related to
    `virtualenv` .

Thnx Ned for your help .

--
Regards,