[TIP] tox-0.9: better CI bootstrapping / custom PyPI index servers

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:53:53 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
>>   I got
>> this error with out-of-the-box pypy 1.4: IOError: [Errno 2] No such
>> file or directory:
>> '/Users/kumar/dev/nose/.tox/pypy14/bin/easy_install'
>
> Seems that pypy and virtualenv do not play well here - i assume you
> use it on OSX.  pypy-1.4 is supposed  to work with virtualenv
> without patches (i changed the web site now). it works on linux for me.
> Does a manual "virtualenv -p path/to/pypy pypy1" work for you?
> (i.e. no distribute, no --no-site-packages etc.)

Running virtualenv --distribute -p path/to/pypy reproduces the same
error.  The distribute bootstrap was silently failing with an error
trying to import plistlib.  I'm not sure why though since plistlib
exists in pypy (this is a mac only lib iirc, probably triggered by
some darwin specific distribute code?)