[TIP] tox-0.9: better CI bootstrapping / custom PyPI index servers

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Nov 26 15:26:17 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 13:05 -0600, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i just released tox-0.9, the generic virtualenv-using test integration
> > automation tool (tm).
>
> Hi Holger, congrats on the release and thanks for the news.  I
> couldn't find any examples on the tox site for how to use the pypy-c
> interpreter aside from a mention that it requires patches.  Can you
> point to a tox.ini file that shows how to test against pypy?

It's mentioned under the default environments here:

    http://codespeak.net/tox/example/basic.html#a-simple-tox-ini-default-environments

otherwise there is nothing special:

    tox -e pypy

should work, given you have a pypy interpreter from pypy-1.4 in your PATH.
otherwise you need to specify it like usual:

    [testenv:pypy]
    basepython=path/to/pypy

>   I got
> this error with out-of-the-box pypy 1.4: IOError: [Errno 2] No such
> file or directory:
> '/Users/kumar/dev/nose/.tox/pypy14/bin/easy_install'

Seems that pypy and virtualenv do not play well here - i assume you
use it on OSX.  pypy-1.4 is supposed  to work with virtualenv
without patches (i changed the web site now). it works on linux for me.
Does a manual "virtualenv -p path/to/pypy pypy1" work for you?
(i.e. no distribute, no --no-site-packages etc.)

cheers,
holger