[TIP] tox-0.9: better CI bootstrapping / custom PyPI index servers

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 11:13:22 PST 2010

On 26/11/2010 19:05, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM, holger krekel<holger at merlinux.eu>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i just released tox-0.9, the generic virtualenv-using test integration
>> automation tool (tm).
> Hi Holger, congrats on the release and thanks for the news.  I
> couldn't find any examples on the tox site for how to use the pypy-c
> interpreter aside from a mention that it requires patches.  Can you
> point to a tox.ini file that shows how to test against pypy?  I got
> this error with out-of-the-box pypy 1.4: IOError: [Errno 2] No such
> file or directory:
> '/Users/kumar/dev/nose/.tox/pypy14/bin/easy_install'

I'm getting the same error unfortunately. :-(

It looks like creating a virtualenv for pypy with '--distribute' fails
to actually install distribute. Even though it thinks it has.

Michael

> -Kumar
>
>> This release brings a new zero-install way to
>> deploy tox and your test suite on Hudson slaves.  Apart from one or
>> more Python interpreters you do not need anything on the slave side,
>> see here for details:
>>
>>     http://codespeak.net/tox/example/hudson.html#zero-installation-for-slaves
>>
>> Moreover, you can now work with multiple PyPI index servers which
>> is very nice if you (want to) operate your own in-company servers,
>> see here for details:
>>
>>     http://codespeak.net/tox/example/basic.html#using-a-different-default-pypi-url
>>
>> Btw, what kind of custom servers are you successfully using?
>> (tell me on twitter @hpk42 if you like).
>>
>> Oh, and for basic info just go to
>>
>>     http://codespeak.net/tox
>>
>> if that wasn't clear yet.
>>
>> have fun,
>> holger
>>
>> Changelog for 0.9
>> -----------------------
>>
>> - added support for working with different and multiple PYPI indexservers.
>> - fix pip-installation mixups by always unsetting PIP_RESPECT_VIRTUALENV
>>   (thanks Armin Ronacher)
>> - issue1: Add a toxbootstrap.py script for tox, thanks to Sridhar Ratnakumar
>> - new option: -r|--recreate to force recreation of virtualenv
>> - show logfile content if there is an error (makes CI output
>>   more readable)
>> - depend on py>=1.4.0 which does not contain or install the py.test
>>   anymore which is now a separate distribution "pytest".

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.