[TIP] pytest-2.0: asserts++, unittest++, reporting++, config++, docs++

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 09:41:03 PST 2010

> Well, i so far considered it a feature, not a bug :)

Thank you for not then saying it's a requirement!

> The current incarnation of assert re-interpretation involves
> a second evaluation of the assert expression and
> specifying a message avoids this.

When I use Django and something crashes in development mode, the views
return a stack trace. When you click on a line in the trace, it
expands into a quickwatch of all the variable names and values in one
stack frame.

Where is Python getting that from, and can't you use it?

(All of these topics go under the category "test-driven development
must be _more_ powerful than debugging, at all times, and in all
layers & situations. Anything debugging can do, TDD can do better!")

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand