[TIP] pytest-2.0: asserts++, unittest++, reporting++, config++, docs++

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 06:57:22 PST 2010

> As to your case-by-case strategy: what happens if you simply
> run "py.test" (2.0) on your code base today?

Django subsumes a test runner into its settings / manage system. So...

  python ./manage.py test --settings=settings_folder.my_settings

...will eventually call a test runner.

I suspect you meant that py.test will seek in folders for test_blah.py
files and invoke each one. It would not bring in the correct Django
stack.

Another way to go incrementally - can i get your "assert reflects its
arguments" now, and then get your runner and other features later?

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand