[TIP] Coverage 3.4: "include" treated interchangeably between [run] and [report]?

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 01:34:22 PST 2010

Hi all,

In my coveragerc file, it looks like I can do something like this:

[run]
source = /path/to/dir1,/path/to/dir2

[report]
include = /path/to/dir1/*

but this doesn't seem to work, as the include setting from [report] is
applied also when running, causing everything under dir2 to be
discarded. I would guess this is a bug, but wanted to check I hadn't
misunderstood something as looking at the code ("from_file" in
config.py) it seems like it is quite deliberate. Both "include" and
"omit" populate the same variable, irrespective of whether they are
found in a [run] or [report] section.

Regards,
Geoff Bache