[TIP] Testify

Rhett Garber rhettg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:30:47 PDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:02 AM, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
>> 2. Parallel Execution
> (snip description)
>
> I'd missed the bit about rebalancing before.  Neat idea.
>
> Are your tests completely isolated, or do have something to deal with
> external resource conflicts (e.g. test databases)?

For the most part, each bucket gets it's own isolated environment. We have
the concept of a 'sandbox' which starts up MySQL, memcache, and whatever else
we might need. That does a pretty good job of keeping *bad* tests from
impacting others without taking too much extra execution time.

>> 3. Decorator based setup/teardown (for classes too)
>
> How do you handle ordering of setup steps?

They are executed in the order they are defined... metaclass magic :)

Of course if you start including mixins and what-not the order isn't as
obvious... but it's at least deterministic.

Rhett