[TIP] (Unit | Functional) testing of imaplib apps .

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 06:46:50 PDT 2010

Hi !

I'm developing an IMAP4-based app using `imaplib` . I'd like to know
what's used to either mock (for unit tests) or launch a lightweight
(in-memory ?) IMAP server (for functional tests), and how to
setup all this at testing-time.

Right now what I do is to use a local `hMailServer` instance on
Windows , but it's so «lightweight» that I even had to install
MySql and ... to make it work . So I'm hoping there's something
out there like `twill` or `wsgi_intercept` that may help under
these circumstances .

Thnx in advance !

--
Regards,