[TIP] [google-appengine] Re: How to use Twill

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Fri May 28 08:01:46 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Alexmipego <alexmipego at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ohh, and the error is on the devel machine, not on GAE servers.

Ok. I suppose that the best place to ask for this should be
testing-in-python at lists.idyll.org

Many people familiar with that module are subscribed to that list, so
you'll probably get the right answer at the right time (that's why I'm
adding it to Cc and fixing top-posting, sorry for cross-posting , it's
a noble cause ;o) .

Please read below

> On 28 Maio, 13:57, Alexmipego <alexmip... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > :o)

>> > What are you doing exactly with twill ? If you're using in-process
>> > intercept functionality then it might not work at GAE (I mean in the
>> > cloud ;o), but it should work in development environment . If this is
>> > the case I see no reason for using that feature in a production
>> > environment .
>>
>> > If this is not the case , please specify what are you trying to do ;o)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not familiar with that "intercept" feature, perhaps I'm using it
>> without knowing. Anyway, my test case is pretty simple:
>> import twill.commands
>>  twill.commands.reset_browser()
>>  b = twill.commands.get_browser()
>>  b.go("http://www.google.com")
>>
>> It fails on the .go(...) method, always. From the looks of the message
>> and knowing a bit about the "scraping" world, it seems like the code
>> is trying to call html tidy to  do from "pretty-print" formatting. I'm
>> not too familiar with python either, but that subprocess.Popen looks a
>> lot like it's trying to run something external like if it was on a
>> bash or cmd.exe shell instead of calling a lib linked in the sources.
>>
>> So, any clues?

What version of Python are you using ? I see no reason for such
behavior if working on your local development machine | environment ,
having the right version of Py .

AFAICR, Jess Noller (talking about another subject ;o) mentioned once
@ TiP ML something related to the possibility of compiling the
interpreter without support for given modules . That's probably what's
happening in your case (but probably not ...) .

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES:http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN:http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Control de usuarios personalizado con Apache y mod_authnz_external -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-es/~3/cBNqfg_xMaw/control-de-us...