[TIP] nosetests not recognizing some options?

Brian Jones bkjones at gmail.com
Mon May 3 09:14:15 PDT 2010

Sorry. I hate when I hit 'reply' and it doesn't do what I mean ;-P

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Augie Fackler <lists at durin42.com> wrote:

> > that's odd.  I can't really think of what's wrong but it seems that
> > something is broken at a very low level.  Do any other command line
> > scripts work that you've installed?  How did you install Python?  If
> > that doesn't turn up any clues the best way to be sure you have a
> > working Python is compile it from source and run its own test suite.
> > Run configure then make test
>
> I've seen this behaviour when using buildout - I've never figured out
> why things get wedged thus, but buildout always seems to trigger it.
>
> I don't use buildout, or virtualenv, or any of that stuff. I double-checked
(I use virtualenv on another box - made sure it wasn't this one).

At this point, I have now built a brand new Python 2.6.5 from source, ran
its tests, installed it, did easy_install nose, and had the very same exact
issue. So I downloaded the nose source tarball and ran its tests, and they
all passed, so I did setup.py install, ran it again, and got the exact same
behavior. This is really frustrating :(

--
Brian K. Jones
Python Magazine  http://www.pythonmagazine.com